Tuesday, May 27, 2008

witness my new bangs.

I had a dream that I went to the hairdresser, and she was like "So, you basically have no idea what you're doing with this, right?" Um, yeah. Girl As Performance Art strikes again.

It's a beautiful sunny day, if a little cool, and I'm at the computer. This can't be good; I'm going outside in two seconds. But first, an appeal to you, my dears: do you know any good breakup songs? Specifically I'm looking for songs whose message is either "We broke up and I feel...better, actually." (The Waitresses "No Guilt" is my best example,) or "We broke up and it was the best thing we ever did for our relationship." I have no examples of this, but surely someone somewhere has written these songs, since I can't be the only person to ever have that experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy" by The Wrens is a good one for that. Also "Spitting Venom" by Modest Mouse.

Unknown said...

Kelly Clarkson had a huge hit recently - "Since You've Been Gone" - uh oh, now it's in my head..."I can breathe for the first time. I'm so moving on, yea, yea..."