Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"It's my job to make sure you don't grow up stupid, Tim. It's bad for the world."

This post is links-a-go-go, I know, but they're all worth clicking. I swear.

Remember my complaining about Cassie Edwards? Cassie Edwards, star perpetrator of racist tropes in romance novels such as Savage Arrow, Savage Darkness, Savage Paradise, Savage Lies, Savage Wrongs, Savage Touch, Savage Glory, Savage Wind, Savage Storm, Savage Wonder, Savage Obsession, Savage Innocence, Savage Promise, Savage Quest and Savage Haircut*? You may or may not have heard around the blogosphere that she's embroiled in a plagiarism controversy. To wit: she plagiarized. Does the romance-reading public care? Will her publisher do anything about it? Did she actually write the incredibly poor defense of her work published on MySpace, or did she have to rip that off too?

You can read the whole story on the Smart Bitches website (a must-visit in any case), and I also encourage you to check out this story from one of the writers whose work she stole. Because ferrets + hot sex = meh?





*I regret to inform you that the last title is the only one I made up.

2 comments:

Boethius said...

Wait, is she the first romance author to ever plaigarize anything from anyone?

'col said...

Janet Dailey plagiarized from Nora Roberts. It's a whole thing.