Tuesday, June 12, 2007

every time I breathe

So, in asthma-related news, my doc thinks my allergies are a big part of the problem, and has prescribed me something for it. Cool. We'll see how it goes. The only real downer is that the pills are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach, and I'm on a retail eating schedule, which is "something fast, every two hours." Somehow I'll have to do the math on that. I was wholly gratified to hear her say that she wasn't sending me to the allergist "because they're going to prescribe the same thing. The shots are expensive and only about 30% effective, so they're really a last-ditch attempt." Take that, evil allergist of my youth, with your needles and your threats!

I'm starting to get really excited about my trip to Ottawa this weekend. I've been trying to keep a lid on it because if I get too focused on it, the whole week will just be hurry-up-and-wait. But seriously: Jen, music, Angel Dog, and laughing so hard something comes out my nose. Okay, maybe that last part isn't exactly something to look forward to, but I'm almost guaranteeing it will happen, because Jen has that effect on me. Plus I've been promised drag queens and karaoke, and it doesn't get better than that.

On an unrelated front, chili-chocolate ice cream, done well, is one of the best things ever.

1 comment:

Boethius said...

Breathing is for the weak! We who are strong can do without oxygen. Our austerity can only make us stronger while those decadent fools are softened by their excessive oxygen indulgence.

Long live the sick and breathless!!