Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"Up!"

This new imperative brought to you by my niece, the incomparable Miss Lucy. It's one of the apparently gazillion things she's learned to do since last Tuesday.

No, seriously.

Today she said "ball," which as far as I know she's never said before. She's started laughing in this abrupt, hilarious "ha!", every syllable its own world. I spent our walk home from the early years centre composing a goofy song around the sentence "Nobody rocks the house down like Lucy's marching band," and then when I sang it later she banged toys together more-or-less in time. When I do something she thinks is funny she will lean toward me to get her face close to mine before favouring me with her giant grin. She blows my mind, is what I'm trying to say here, people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so this only relates to your post in awesomeness. behold the lolcat bible translation i was telling you about.