Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sixth annual Elvis Wake


The tragedy of this is that I have no pictures of the food. THE FOOD. Nor, for some unexplained reason, will Blogger allow me to add more photos just at the moment--and there are more. But oh, an Elvissey time was had by all.



This year's theme? Blue Hawai'i. The madcap hijinks got so bad that at one point I had to cover my eyes and ears and make little squeaky noises to drown out the dialogue--and that was before Elvis reformed the bratty teenage girl with a spanking which somehow convinced her that she was a worthwhile human being. We, the audience, remain skeptical.




Never mind. It was nothing compared to the year that we watched Change of Habit, a movie starring Elvis and Mary Tyler Moore. I know, sounds awesome, right? Mary Tyler Moore plays a nun. Elvis plays an inner-city doctor. This movie is now referred to only as "The Incident," as in, "We prescreen them now, ever since The Incident."

More pictures to follow, when the internets stop foiling me at every turn.

1 comment:

Monica said...

hi, you are nice. I like you
!!