Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Who? What? Who?" "All excellent questions."



If you don't know who Jodi Picoult is, this image is not causing your brain to short-circuit the way it did mine. Let me remedy the situation with brief plot synopses from some of her novels:

Change of Heart is about a man on death row who discovers that the living daughter of his victim needs a heart transplant, and decides to offer his.

The Pact is about two families trying to cope with the tragic aftermath of their teenage kids' suicide pact.

My Sister's Keeper is about a young girl who was conceived as a bone marrow donor for her sister, who is battling leukemia, and the decisions she makes after years of hospitalizations and surgeries to control her own body.

I could go on, but I think you're getting the gist. It's like discovering that Nicholas Sparks had been tapped to write a series of Spider-man comics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, is that pic real?

Anonymous said...

Wow.
So, after her mother dies of cancer, Wonder Woman goes home to attend the funeral and must deal with her estranged father and the memories of his abuse?
If that doesn't say action and thrills, I don't know what does.

'col said...

YES, the damn picture is real! It was on display on the edge of the kiosk when I came in on Friday! I am in the Twilight Zone!

Anonymous said...

I hope she returns to the original Wonder Woman plot...see, the Justice League made her their receptionist, and there were tons of quotes about how women would be better off if they just listened to men more. Wasn't the 1930s awesome!??!