Sunday, February 17, 2008

house of plague

...hmm.

It is just possible that part of my mood over the last few days was the approaching stormclouds of a truly awful cold. By nine-thirty on Friday night, I knew I wasn't going to work on Saturday. By sometime mid-Saturday I started to feel like I was never going anywhere again. This wouldn't be such a problem if we hadn't run out of cold medication. Valiantly, spook has gone out to get some more in the lovely freezing rain (depicted, accurately, by the weather network as little triangles of doom falling from the heavens).

The hot water heater has stopped making the water hot. My theory is that the pilot light is out, but I can't for the life of me work out where I could look and see whether this theory is correct. I have followed the destructions on the side of the machine. It didn't sound quite right but I guess I'll see in the next hour or so when we either do or do not have hot water. It could be worse. It could be the furnace. :touches wood:

I forecast lots of sitting around wrapped in blankets with a moderate chance of whining.

2 comments:

aandjblog said...

that sucks about your hot water. has it started to work yet?

'col said...

yes! hooray!