Thursday, December 07, 2006

action stations! action stations! set condition one throughout the store!

It was almost the end of the night, and I was tired, but apparently not so tired that I can't recognize a cylon from thirty paces and a quarter of their profile. Holy shit, I thought, that's number five! Aaron Doral is in my store!
Then, to my intense dismay, I discovered that I was blanking out on the actor's name altogether. By frantically googling him, I was able to come up with it (Matthew Bennett) and go stammer out some fangirl thing about how much I admire his work on Battlestar Galactica. He was very gracious about it, although he seemed a little bit taken aback about being recognized. I wonder if that doesn't happen to him very often. "Incidentally," I said "if you need anything book-related, that's what they pay me for." He laughed. Full marks.

No comments: