Sunday, June 05, 2005

boy, is my face red. but my blog is still green.

Uh, I have just discovered to my embarrassment that the template I switched to is the same one that Shanghai and Adam are using for their wedding blog, Groomzilla. I am, however, staying with it, 'cause dammit it's my favourite colour. I'll try to fiddle it enough that y'all can tell the difference, you know, by something other than the fact that they're talking about a wedding and I'm talking about the boring minutiae of my life.

I suppose there are people who read this blog who didn't know they were getting married yet. They are. The formal announcement was made at Shanghai's birthday party. Even though I knew this proposal was coming, even though I had heard the various stages of planning it for the last couple of years, even though Adam had told me that by the time the party came around he would actually have asked her, Shanghai came up to me and held up her ring with this gorgeous "lookit!" smile on her face and I burst into tears. I couldn't help it. They're a burst-into-tears kind of couple. The progression of this engagement was like a serialized novel--we were all breathlessly awaiting the next installment.

Congratulations, you crazy kids. And sorry 'bout biting your styles.

2 comments:

Adam said...

The best part is, I read and commented on "let's approach this rationally" before I read this and still used the exact same turn of pharse you did. Once a shared brain, always a shared brain.

pol said...

it was kind of funny actually. just barely before i was about to get all emotional, 'col did, and then i was too bemused by the fact that col was making me look all stoic to get emotional anymore... phew close call