Thursday, June 16, 2005

"Aw, honey, I'm sorry. Maybe they'll get hit by a car. Ooh! A bus. No, a car, driven by someone mean."

My day: coffee, cat-snuggling, blog-reading. Breakfast with Adam (slightly rushed but still fun), get to work on time, move books around, feel productive. Good mood brought about by gratitude at being able to breathe. Have more productive-feeling talk with co-worker Cookie, who also has good advice for me about the odious book I found in the Gay and Lesbian Studies section, and what I might do about it. Evening hours spent reading and completing quizzes for Health and Safety Certification (some swearing involved, but no customers, so it evens out).

spook's day: work stress, stressful work conversation (positive result), RSVP in the negative from family member who can't come to our committment par-tay because she's flying out of Toronto that day, upsetting family conversation, discover bike stolen. Oh, and nice phone call with Bean.

Peh! Peh! Peh!

2 comments:

Jennifer Jane Whiteford said...

Bike stolen???!!

Aw, that sucks!

Give him my sympathies. For all the other stuff too.


J.

Adam said...

I haven't had a bike stolen in years, but in the last 3 months I've had my seat stolen, followed by the quick release for my seat. Thats right, I had the seat and post with me and some fucker stole the quick release mechanism that tightens the seat. That's just mean.

Lemme know if you want a list of the usual pawn shops - sometimes they'll just give you the bike back, sometimes you gotta call the cops.