Monday, March 21, 2005

one of the less-celebrated national holidays

It's Picking Up Furniture Under Sketchy Circumstances Month around our house--the dresser we got from the bickering couple in the worst driving weather of the spring, the cabinet from two entries ago--but we now have a wardrobe. I can actually hang up my clothes! This is very exciting. For those of you who haven't already heard my lament, I live in a one bedroom apartment that has literally no closets. Yes, yes, it's a lovely metaphor, but not practical.

The best part? I didn't have to carry it up the stairs. The shop we bought it from delivers. (They deliver in a van which sounds like the engine is about to come through the dashboard and land in your lap, but I digress.) I live in a one bedroom apartment with no closets on the top floor of a three-story walkup. This is major. I am now going to go and gaze lovingly on the new addition to our home.

No comments: