Sunday, January 23, 2005

unholy...unholy...

I believe that the New England Patriots have made a deal with the devil. How else could people who play such evil, boring football go to the Superbowl year after year?

"I'm so sick of it," spook complained "it's like--they play, I hate them, and then they win."

Plus, I think at least one of the guys doing the commentary has a shrine to Tom Brady in his bedroom, and might need some help to deal with his special feelings.

If they win the damn Superbowl again this year I may have to gouge my eyes out.

p.s. mr. pixie: "I just had a terrible thought. One day Tom Brady will retire and then he'll become a football commentator like the rest of them." Oh, thanks, now I'll never sleep again.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Satan wins again. I swear I had nothing to do with it, and was routing for the Eagles. Tho I prolly woulda put money on New England.

'col said...

well...this game was less heartbreaking to watch, as I felt the Eagles made some stupid decisions, thereby contributing to their own defeat. so I didn't have to blame it all on satan. I could blame some of it on Donovan McNabb.
I still think Tom Brady is some kind of particularly unappealing reptile, however.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry. i don't always think about the implications of what i say.

it's not winning or losing that's important. it's the fact that all those teams and all those players strove against them.

and the patriots still represent everything i hate about everything i hate.

mr. pixie