Monday, January 05, 2009

grumble grumble grumble...huzzah!

Well, I seem to be feeling...marginally better. I'll take marginally; any margin is an improvement. It makes me laugh that I can tell I'm feeling better because I've started to be cross about all the mess at work. (Dear Christmas Shoppers, thank you for keeping me in a job through this early, scary bit of recession. Now do you suppose you could go away, just for a few days, so that I can clean up? With luck, by the time you come back I may be able to find your books on the shelves where they belong.)

Other things I was cross about this weekend: the fact that the Indianapolis Colts were replaced by clowns in their playoff game and lost like fools to San Diego. The Chargers played very well, but I'm unable to sit back and admire them because their quarterback is a douchebag, and now they're going to play my beloved Steelers so I have to watch his awful smarmy face for a whole other game. Peyton Manning could have saved me from all this.

I choose to view my crankiness as a good sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, forgive me, but I'm a bit confused. Aren't balls supposed to be round? And if it's called football shouldn't they use their feet on the ball? I think "Hand-oval" is a better name.

Please let me teach little Benito about real football.