Friday, November 07, 2008

my milkweed brings butterflies to the yard

spook and I went for a walk in the woods on Monday. We saw a fuzzy caterpillar, a porcupine, and:

"Look at that! Slime!"
"It's probably algae."
"It's slime."
"It's algaenous slime."
"But it's like the platonic ideal of slime, it's so green, and--"
"--exactly what Plato was thinking of when he talked about slime--"
"--and banned it from the Republic. Yeah."

***

In case you're one of the three people on earth who still hasn't seen this, you should also go and check out yet another reason I'm fond of Barack Obama.

3 comments:

Steve Gold said...

I reviewed a Mexican restaurant here and spent most of it talking about how the quesadilla I ate was the True Quesadilla, the perfect form that all other quesadillas crudely mimic. It just goes to show that Plato remains relevant, even today.

Anonymous said...

Did you hear what Berlusconi said about Obama the other day? They asked him about Obama and he said "I like him alot, he's young, energetic, and he's got a great tan." God I can't believe my grandparents voted for that fool.

Adam said...

I hadn't seen that Obama bit. Nice to see the President elect has a sense of humour