Friday, November 14, 2008

baby, baby, it looks like it's gonna hail

At one point this week, I was considering joining the "shelving party" at my store on Sunday night. Sunday, which is my birthday. (We could get a cake!) I think I am...not considering this any more. It's just that this birthday has crept up on me, and I have made absolutely no plans, and trying to plan mostly makes me want to close my eyes in exhaustion, so hey, why not shelve? And make some money? And possibly get cake out of it?

The first thing in ages that's made me feel energetic is accidentally rediscovering the Louis Prima/Keely Smith version of "Jump Jive an' Wail." That is because swing is awesome, and makes me want to dance even when I'm so tired I can hardly think. Huzzah, swing music! Now I am poking around the internets for more songs that make me want to dance. Suggestions? Happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

There's one called "Can't Sit Down" by a band called The Delmonas that is really doing it for me right now.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I used to listen to all this really cool punk swing stuff, but I was so drunk in those days that I can't even remember the names of the bands.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that no-name guy was me.

'col said...

hey, no-name guy! thanks for playing tetris with the receiving area so we could get my carts offa the floor, and for birthday wishes.

J.--I'll check it out. because I always do, when you suggest it.