Wednesday, October 08, 2008

public health warning

All of my friends who are out of Toronto right now, or who live somewhere other than Toronto, here's a tip: STAY OUT OF TORONTO. Toronto has the plague, in the form of this year's fall cold, and it is a doozy. A lose a week of your life, cry because your joints hurt so much, go through several boxes of tissue doozy. And it's a crazy cold, the kind that's talking to you in your head all the time. "You can go out," it says, "what do you want to be cooped up in here for? Go to the store. Shake hands with a lot of people. Touch everything." So I must have sounded plaintive when I called my job yesterday to tell them I was not coming to work today.

"I have trainees!" I told my manager. Fortunately, she knows from colds.
"You can't cough on new people! Are you mad?!"

Um, yes? Only it's from sleep deprivation because of not being able to breathe? Right. Okay. Carry on.

2 comments:

Steve Gold said...

I think that same plague swept through Transylvania a month ago. I couldn't get out of bed for a solid week. Enjoy it!

'col said...

You know, the thought that it could be the same cold--the same virus--is kinda freaky. If we're going to have intercontinental bonding, surely there's something more fun we could pick.