Tuesday, September 02, 2008

more things I ought to have grasped by now, but somehow hadn't

Dudes, Lucy is sick. Not, like, horrifically sick--like "summer cold" sick, which seems to leave her 95% her usual even-tempered self, thank you god. But it's so sad to hear her make all these little snorgully noises trying to breathe through her nose, and also, it's about the baby snot. So. Much. Snot. Which she helpfully wipes away, getting it all over her hands and face and the next twelve things she touches. I am now one of those hovery grownups with an ever-ready diaper wipe, trying to swoop in and clean her little walrus-tusks of snot away at the first appearance without traumatizing her with actual swooping. Because seriously, if someone kept lurching at me with a wetwipe, I would find it freaky and annoying pretty fast.

I know you're glad I shared. I just. Eep. Now that I am surveying Parenthood as though it is a country I might live in sooner rather than later, I'm amazed all over again at what kind of stuff isn't on the label. Babies are sweet, magical little beings who will get snot on your clothes!

No comments: