Friday, January 04, 2008

get your ass on the dance floor

After much reviewing of my goals for 2008, I think that pretty much sums it up.

I have lots of sub-goals: take a social dance class with spook, give boxing a try, work on the new Excel system for conquering the universe with book orders, get pregnant. But get your ass on the dance floor seems to capture the spirit of what I'm wanting to do this year.

(An aside: I know half of you are thinking "Wait, 'get pregnant' is a sub-goal? Seriously?" Yes. Seriously. Although I did consider "Knocked Up 2008!" as an alternate heading for this blog entry, and it is one of the more consequential goals I've ever set for myself, it does tuck itself neatly into the less talk more rock model I'm envisioning for this year.)

This year is about more yes. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

5 comments:

Boethius said...

A cute little baby Nicole or Alex would rule. How old does you kid have to be before I teach him/her about public mischief?

Jennifer said...

It's funny because my own resolutions all involve being less social and more hibernatey (finish novel, grown vegetable garden). My year could be summed up as Get Your Ass Off The Dance Floor.

Between the two of us, we have it all covered, as usual.

J.

'col said...

Seb, my experience is that kids don't need to be taught about public mischief--that's pretty much hardwired.

J, of course you're right. (Although "grow vegetable garden" is on my list, too.)

Boethius said...

Hey, you gonna grow tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and zucchini?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Good luck with the dance floors. Keep us posted. Going anywhere with a dance floor and PEOPLE generally makes me nervous, but dancing once I get there goes okay. It's all about the pre-emptive anxiety with me. I really didn't make any goals for this year... I am not sure what this says. I've made goals before, not sure what happened. Happy 2008. Maybe I will see you in May again. Shannon