Friday, December 07, 2007

time warp

It's December seventh! And do you know what that means?

It's time to start getting my act together about what books we're going to order for Black History Month in February!

Yep. We're not even through the chaos that is Christmas in retail and I've realized that if I don't have this list ready to order on January second, we are not getting half of the books I want. Which seems both unfair and insane. I am still using all of my available brain cells to try and squeeze six boxes of Love in the Time of Cholera onto displays!

I could let this go. It's true. But I know that if I do, future me is going to be cussing out past me for weeks on end.

I'm also trying to make notes to myself about what we've carried over from last year, what's working, what's not, and what I think we should do for next Christmas. You know, so that come July, I'm ready.

1 comment:

Boethius said...

Hoorya for Christmas!