Sunday, September 02, 2007

so howcome my *cranky* pants fit so well?

Oh, I have not been a joy to be around this week. It is doubtless that some of it was the disruption of my work routine making me lopsided, and that some of it was my inability to see a solution to the massive problem of merchandising we're having in my section, and some of it was sleep deprivation, and some of it was swallowing my temper about the snark from all quarters. Huh. Maybe that accounts for all of it, actually.

Next week I am planning on more sleep, some face time with the baby, and utilizing the giant brains of my friends to help sort out my geometry issues. Oh, and reasserting my rightful place in the world by sassing my enemies.

3 comments:

felonious funk said...

cranky pants always fit well! it's the Trousers of Contentment and the Shoes of Satisfaction that we're all trying to break in for a better fit :P

and I agree, it's always fascinating to see little people (newborns, not....little people). personally what gets me the most is how vulnerable they are, and how that level of vulnerability appears to decrease as time progresses, until the point when we're humbled by the presence of a new little person. am I talking nonsense? because I just re-read my comment and I don't know if I just said what I wanted to.

Boethius said...

Oh Snark, where would we be without you? Don't worry so much about being cranky. The people who care about you understand, and the people who don't care deserve the crankiness...so you win either way. See, I can help you justify anything =)

'col said...

Alex--not nonsense, though if we were talking in person I would have asked for clarification. Is it that the personhood of babies emerges for you when they stop being quite so vulnerable?

Stupid Trousers of Contentment. Like every other pair of pants I've tried on this fall, they just don't come in my size.