Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Lentil soup. Gettin' my ass kicked at Scrabble. Sleeping a great deal. Autumn weather.

So far, my kind of weekend.

While the rest of the world goes sadly dragging back to work tomorrow, I am free 'till Wednesday. This is a good thing, because now that the weather has changed I have remembered nine hundred projects that I was in the middle of and want to complete. Bean and spook and I were talking over dinner last night about the weird burst of fall energy before it starts to get dark really early and suck your will to live. I think we've all agreed it's a good thing.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to extend it? I have hopes that this winter will be more nesty and less hibernate-y. I'm gonna watch football and Battlestar Galactica and bake and knit and mebbe see if they'll let me train the little ones at work. (Nothing gets me going like good old exasperation.)

It seems like the last year was a virtual whirlwind and now that everyone's moved or married or divorced or gone to school, perhaps there will be some settling in. I'd like that.

2 comments:

Miss Julia J said...

I absolutely adore this time of year. I like jackets, but I also like skirts. I can wear both! I can even wear little light scarves that take next to no time to knit! YAY!

I hate wearing pants. I hate the thought of winter because it means pants. BOO TO PANTS!

In other news: We are moving out of Parkdale! YAY! I will be posting a note on my blog soon about where and when we're moving. (on the 17th-not soon enough!!)

Love and autumn excitement,
-J

p.s. I'm happy.

p.p.s. I'm glad you're happy!

p.p.p.s. I like when maple trees turn red, red, red!

p.p.p.p.s. I also like it when trees turn red/orange/yellow/green from the point where they get the most sun backwards. The world is so beautiful.


It is 2am. I am going to bed.

Miss Julia J said...

Blogger is a liar, it's not 1:10, it's 2:05!