Monday, July 10, 2006

when dinosaurs roamed the earth

An actual conversation with one of our new part-timers:

"I'm putting together a list on MSN of bookstore people. Then when I go to university you can all tell me what to read. Are you on it?"
"No, tragically I am not on MSN."
"Oh." pause "You seem like one of those older people who might not be on it."

I feel a little mean about how hard this makes me laugh, but not that mean. I don't mind being one of those older people--in fact at moments like this I am grateful for it. I'm just amused that she had no idea she was saying something that might be, y'know, socially bizarre.

I thought I would post a couple of spook's impressionistic photos of our painting spree. ("See that wall? Wanna paint that wall?") That gray colour is almost all buried under several shades of cream and sand now. We're thinking of it as a primer coat.




Wait for the saga of picking an actual colour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful are you 'col?

I'm an OPNOM too - Old Person Not On MSN. In my day, I tells yah, we wrote on slates, and mailed them, with ponies, uphill, and we Liked it! Dang kids today with ther rock and roll music, and the M and the S and the N...
Now I am going to a games night at the Drake on Sunday to play some Sorry - now wouldn't the kids today have a grand time doin that? Who needs to be plugged into the socket to have a good time?

(Okay maybe don't answer that)

-Marts