Saturday, July 22, 2006

happy birthday, dear Paulie

...so our night concluded at the bar when Paul opened my umbrella and knocked Adam's drink into his lap. Adam, being the calm and reasonable man he is, calmly and reasonably picked up Paul's drink and dumped it on Paul, along with a random glass of water. And Lara's coke. And my unnamed fruity concoction.
"Hey, I was drinking that!" I complained. I shouldn't have--he was doing me a favour. I did not need to drink any more. Neither did any of us, really, and since at that point there was nothing left to drink unless I wanted to wrestle Peter's glass out of his hand, we went home like sensible kids, although not before Paul tried to dump the remnants of something else on Adam in retaliation and accidentally threw his glass across the table to shatter on the patio.

Dude, it was fun.